How to Convert HP 1020 Printer to Wireless?
Monday 6 April 2020 - in HP
To convert normal printer to wireless on Windows, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Begin by connecting your Windows computer to a wireless network.
- Keep your printer close to the computer.
- On your computer, open a browser and go to 123.hp.com/laserjet.
- Click on ‘Download’ to save the installation file.
- After that open the file to extract and launch the software.
- Press ‘Continue’ and click the checkbox to agree to the terms and press ‘Continue’ to proceed.
- You will see the model of your HP printer and follow the given instructions to complete the installation of the software.
- If your printer is not there, click on ‘My Printer is not Shown’, and then click ‘Continue’.
- Select ‘Wireless Network’, click ‘Continue’ and then select your Laserjet printer and click on ‘Continue’.
- Select ‘Printer without a touchscreen control panel’ or ‘Printer with a touchscreen panel’ and then click ‘Continue’.
- Follow the remaining instructions to complete the setup.
- Temporarily connect a USB cable from printer to the computer to send wireless settings of your wireless network to the printer.
- Click ‘Continue’ and the wireless connection will be established between the computer and the printer. Remove the USB cable from your printer and computer.
If you are facing HP Printer Offline Error, you can manually try to bring your printer online.